Friday 21 February 2014

I don’t want to pressurise my kids

sehwag international school
The only Indian batsman to have scored two triple centuries in international test cricketer, Virender Sehwag, has his hands full with many things apart from cricket. The 35-year-old right-handed batsman, also a father of two sons. Aryavir, 6, and Vedant, 4, insists that his kids are too young to take up cricket seriously. “They are still very young and they keep hovering around different sports. One day it’s cricket, next it’s volleyball, then basketball and so on. I will not pressurize them into anything, because that’s how my parents brought me up. They will have the freedom to choose whatever they want to do in their lives,” says Sehwag. The cricketer who will also be seen playing for Punjab in the upcoming IPL, expects fans to cheer for him.

“My kids keep hovering around different sports. One day it’s cricket, next it’s volleyball, then basketball -Virender Sehwag, Cricketer”

“Whenever I’ve played for the country in Punjab, fans there (Mohali, Punjab) were brilliant. They always got behind me and cheered my name. I hope I get the same response when I play for them this time around too, “Viru says. Cricket and filial duties aside, the Nawab of Najafgarh is also a philanthropist. Fever 104 FM’s recent campaign to facilitate the education of underprivileged children struck a chord with Sehwag, who has decided to fund the entire education and boarding cost of a 12-year-old, boy, Rishabh, in his Sehwag International School. “I was touched by the initiative and I immediately called the FM channel, offering my help. Despite challenges, Rishabh really wants to study and that’s what moved me,” says Viru.

No comments:

Post a Comment